*The 2019-20 Hebrew school class is currently full. If you would like to be put on the wait list, please contact the FJC office*
Introducing the Kensington Coop Hebrew School – a new, progressive, traditional egalitarian Jewish learning opportunity for kids in Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st grade – Wednesdays this Fall 2019.
We are a group of parents in the Flatbush Jewish Center (FJC) community who are offering our kids an after-school Jewish studies class in our neighborhood. We’re building on the success of Jewish Explorers Club, the pre-K-1st grade after-school we’ve run for the last several years, in order to deepen the Jewish literacy instruction we are providing to our students. The class will meet on Wednesday afternoons at our synagogue at the corner of Church Avenue & East 5th Street and will be led by Saifan Man, a professional educator and founder of My Hebrew Playground.
- To develop Jewish literacy, including Hebrew, Torah, holidays, prayer (tefillah), and Jewish culture in a fun and nurturing environment.
- To help our children develop a strong sense of community with their classmates and in their synagogue
- To cultivate an understanding of our roles in repairing the world (tikkun olam).
- To create together, in our corner of Brooklyn, a vibrant Jewish learning experience and community for our children.
If this sounds interesting to you, please come join our conversation.
Download and complete these forms to register for the program:
- 2019-2020 Flatbush Jewish Center Afterschool Program Registration Form
- Dept of Health Medical Examination Form
- Emergency Contact Form
- Approved Pickup – Independent Travel Form
Contact the FJC office if you would prefer to have a registration packet mailed to you.
- Pay for the program via Paypal, or via check to Flatbush Jewish Center (see registration form for information).