Our Teens meet twice a month to engage in programming that helps them develop their Hebrew Language skills, study Jewish texts and enrich their Jewish identities. Our Teen Group Leader, Stephanie Guedalia uses an adapted version of the Chai Mitzvah curriculum to engage our teens in these curriculum tracks:
- Standard Curriculum: Rites of Passage, Tzedakah/Philanthropy, Individual and Community, Interpersonal Relationships, Mindfulness/Conscious Living, Adding New Insights and Meaning to the Passover Seder, Israel and the Jewish Spirit, Gratitude: Modim Anachnu Lach, and Judaism and the Environment.
- Mussar: Wisdom/Chochma, Generosity/N’divut, Compassion/Rachamim, Spiritual Friendship/Chevruta, Equanimity/Menuchat HaNefesh, Order/Seder, Trust/Bitachon, Gratitude/Hakarat Ha-Tov, Humility/Anavah
- Mixtape (Arts-based curriculum written by Matt Bar, the “Bible Rapper”)
- Aseret: The Big Ten: Explore how each commandment provides us with beliefs, principles, and standards of behavior which can guide and challenge our identity and behavior.
- Grandparents and Beyond (excellent both for teens and their grandparents, or for intergenerational social action project)