Flatbush Jewish Center is thrilled to share the news that we are beginning our phased reopening of the building for communal prayer. Starting July 3rd, Friday night services will be held in the outside patio. The following guidelines must be followed for this and other similar gatherings. Please note that we may revise these rules as needed.
- Service entirely outside, building will be locked
- Participants need to sign up beforehand and confirm number of people in their group. FJC will determine when the max allowable number of participants/pods has been reached.
- Chairs will be setup with safe social distance, with assigned ‘pods’ for each quarantine group. Safe distancing rules in affect at all times.
- All participants are required to wear masks for the duration.
- Children are welcome to attend, but must be supervised by parents and follow the same distancing rules. Children over age 3 must be wearing masks.
- No food will be provided at the service, please give children snacks beforehand.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own siddur, but there will be some made available for those who need.
- If there is high likelihood of rain, service will be canceled. FJC will notify participants on Friday afternoon.