Flatbush Jewish Center is thrilled to welcome the community back for in-person communal prayer. Services & gatherings will be held in the outside patio (and in the main sanctuary on 9/12). The following guidelines must be followed for this and other similar gatherings. Please note that we may revise these rules as needed.
- Service entirely outside, building will be locked with the exception of bathroom use (except 9/12 when services will be in the main sanctuary).
- Participants need to sign up beforehand and confirm number of people in their group. FJC will determine when the max allowable number of participants/pods has been reached.
- Chairs will be setup with safe social distance, with assigned ‘pods’ for each quarantine group. Safe distancing rules in affect at all times. (If service is in the main sanctuary, rows of seats will be blocked off and each party must sit at a safe distance).
- All participants are required to wear masks for the duration.
- Children are welcome to attend, but must be supervised by parents and follow the same distancing rules. Children over age 3 must be wearing masks.
- No food will be provided at the service, please give children snacks beforehand.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own siddur, but there will be some made available for those who need.
- If there is high likelihood of rain, service will be canceled unless it is an indoor service. FJC will notify participants beforehand.